How We Work
Who We Are
- Partners with senior management
- Transformation Strategy and Design
Genesis co-designs all projects with our clients. The actual conferences and workshops are co-led by Genesis consultants and Client managers. Genesis leads the facilitation of the process to assure optimal involvement; client managers lead the content agenda to assure that the right issues and information are focused on.
- Strategic Insight
Genesis consultants also challenge the client on the content of their solutions, based on the extensive experience of Genesis in many companies and many change processes over the years.
- Facilitators and strategic advisors on change management
- Facilitate dialogue to assure that the client management team(s) achieve understanding, buy-in and commitment to implementation for their transformation.
- Facilitate dialogue throughout the transformation process through a series of top-down/bottom-up/top-down iterations; each iteration producing greater clarity and alignment. Genesis facilitates transformation on three levels: Facilitation = M³
- Macro Facilitation: supporting the design and implementation of the transformation process over time and across the entire organization
- Meeting Facilitation: supporting the design and implementation of meetings, workshops and conferences to assure optimal value-added, creative interaction among all participants
- Momentary Facilitation: intervening in the team and interpersonal dialogue to assure that all members have a voice, conflicts are explored openly, underlying assumptions are challenged and the team creatively discovers new solutions.
- Guides in the area of the psychological processes of change
- Challenge our clients to discover and reformulate the guiding assumptions and mental models for their business and modify or replace them, as necessary. This includes helping to dissolve resistance to change with groups/individuals through guided, dialogue-driven workshops and/or personal coaching.
- Experts on listening
- Through interviews and meeting facilitation, Genesis focuses on expert listening.
- One important tool in the change process is the development of a draft urgent vision document, called a "strawman" which is written by Genesis, based on in depth interviews with the management team and other opinion leaders. Each iteration of the strawman is discussed and debated in each workshop and results in an update until agreement is finalized. Through this process our clients have a highly successful track record in implementing change since the result is understanding, buy-in and commitment to implementation among key leaders.
- Integrators of action and learning processes
- All Genesis change processes, conferences and workshops combine a focus on learning through the application of new tools and methods, reflection and feedback on what worked well and what needs to be improved and a focus on action with the aim of implementing significant organizational improvements.
- Change is learning; learning is change.
- Not writers of reports for management with lengthy recommendations which end up in booklets on shelves without implementation.